• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need some 550-750W recommendations

techboydino

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
75
Looking for some assistance...

Looking for a PSU to fit a recent build. Hoping to find something on the smaller size but SFX not needed.

Req's are as follows:

Fully Modular (custom cables will be made)
Gold or Platinum Rated
550-750W
As quiet as possible (does not have to be passive, quiet fan is fine)
Around $125

Looking at the
Seasonic 660 platinum
Evga 650 G2 - (perfect fit except caps/filters in mobo cable is really annoying)
Antec Edge 650
Corsair ???

Open to suggestions. Thanks.
 
Last edited:
I vote for the Seasonic. Mine works beautifully, even in a mini itx case with essentially no airflow.
 
I vote for the Seasonic. Mine works beautifully, even in a mini itx case with essentially no airflow.

thx, i was leaning that way but only held up for now due to price. many said that coupons took it below $100 in the past but i need to get things moving. i might have to bite the bullet soon. which one do you have?
 
Oops, looks like I have a SS-520FL2. Still powers my rig with zero issues.
 
The new Corsair RM 650i (with all Japanese capacitors) and a 90% power efficiency is what I'd go for.

Great option, right in line (pricewise) with the Seasonic 660. I may just pick one and bite the bullet. I've had Seasonic in the past and had no issues. But I like the added features in the Corsair. Amazon has the Corsair prime for $130. Thanks for the info.
 
Back
Top