Need Serious Help!!

[H]ard|Gawd
I just put the VGA silincer on my 9800pro, and when i started my computer i saw all these blue lines on the loading XP screen, and on the desktop my mouse pointer looks like lines, and some of my desktop icons look weird.

WTF HAPPENED AND IS THIS FIXABLE?!!?!?

i don't fell like buying a new video card. i'm so fucking pissed :(

please tell me this is fixable.......

that does not sound good. i have never heard of this happening.

are you sure the heatsink is properly touching the gpu?

sounds like you put the silencer on wrong. try redoing it VERY CAREFULLY and making sure it has plenty of contact. if it still screws up you overtightened and broke the core.

its not a new video card.

here what i did...
turned off comp
took out 9800pro
disconnected fan
poped the 2 pins
took heatsink off
cleaned gpu w/tissue
applied AS5
connected VGA silencer fan
mounted VGA silencer
contact is good, though i can see the edges of the gpu
inserted card into computer
BOOTED w/lines on the xp screen, mouse pointer is messed up and some colors are messed up.

DAMMIT !
:(

kronchev said:
sounds like you put the silencer on wrong. try redoing it VERY CAREFULLY and making sure it has plenty of contact. if it still screws up you overtightened and broke the core.

ok i took it apart and reseated it, core seems to be fine, i still get the lines xp loadup and my mouse pointer looks like a barcode. and some desktop icons look messed up.

what should i do ?!?!?!!?!? i can't afford a new video card right now, and this 9800pro is just 4 or 5 months old. :(

PLEASE, ANYONE

what happened, why is my card doing this, and is it fixable ????

i followed their directions step by step and it fucks up. POS Arctic Cooling sweeds can go to hell.

first off it isnt artic silvers fault, worse comes to worse throw on the old heatsink and rma it, hopefully its one of those ati certified or whatever cards, im not sure on the termanology there but if you go to the ati site and go to rma it talks all about it. If it is then they are pretty good with fixing them or giving you a new one. When my card under warranty went out I had a new on in my hands 7 days later. Not too bad really.

He never mentioned if he properly applied the correct amount of screw pressure or wither
he took all precautions against ESD.

And this thread needs to be moved

Mangina said:
He never mentioned if he properly applied the correct amount of screw pressure or wither
he took all precautions against ESD.

And this thread needs to be moved

You're right!

And to the rest of you, I suggest you steer away from starting the RAM ethics argument. It will only get the thread killed in the end.

Back