• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need Seasonic modular PCI-E wires ..

jblue42

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 18, 2004
Messages
497
So I got a 2nd 980, and to my dismay my seasonic 1050xm did not come with wires to hook up multiple gpu's

http://www.seasonicusa.com/accessories.htm
Apparently I need to purchase the SS-PCI-E-60

goes from a 12 pin connector on the PCI-E slots on the PSU to 2x 6+2 connection for the graphics card.

The PSU did come with 2x 6pin to 6+2pin PCI-E wires, but these do not fit in the corresponding slots on the PSU marked PCI-E, only in the slots marked "peripheral IDE/SATA" and the computer wouldn't boot with the card plugged in this way.

Other options? Where can I buy that modular seasonic cable, says nothing about how or where to buy on their site..
 
Called seasonic, they referred me to a supplier "BTO Service" i think it's called

anyway

$7 with $4 shipping for the cable I need.

Is there any way I can rig this to work somehow in the meantime? ;)
 
You should check again.
Im powering two 290x off a 1050x modular. No problem.
1050x has 4 gpu connections 6+2.
 
Back
Top