Need recommendations for workout earphones

RoffleCopter

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 8, 2005
Messages
1,910
My Sony EX-71s are terrible for working out. The cord is either too short without the extension cord or too long with it. The earpieces also fall off quite often because of the way they're designed to go around the back of the neck, so the right earphone cord is longer than the left.

Does anyone have any recommendations for earphones that:
-have decent volume and bass
-doesn't have a silicone earpiece (I sweat quite a lot while working out so it gets gross)
-"average" length cord; 2 ft. long would be nice
-have equal length cords for the left and right earphones

Thanks in advance.
 
-doesn't have a silicone earpiece (I sweat quite a lot while working out so it gets gross)

There are options with foam...but really, any in-ear will have this problem. What about portables/clips? KSC75 for a cheap start. Yuin PK3 for a very good budget earbud, which should be a bit better here too.

-have equal length cords for the left and right earphones

Most have Y cords. The "J" cord (which really looks more like an upside-down "h"?) is mostly an oddity you get from some Japanese models (thus, Sony). So you shouldn't have too much trouble getting this.
 
The PK3's don't seem to have a lot of retailers. And $50 at amazon does seem a bit pricey. I paid around 30 for my Ex71s, so are the PK3s worth that extra $20?
 
I think you mostly get them direct. On sale for $40. At least I think this is direct?

The PK3s are pretty awesome compared to others in the range - noting that they're earbuds and thus have the usual earbud things like not isolating for shit compared to in-ears. If buds are what you want, they should be much more than $10 better than cheap Sony buds.
 
Oh yeah, as to the KSC75, there are...two? versions that come with headbands. Portapros/sportapros. Really good drivers in the lot, especially considering the price. I tend to like headbands better if I'm going to be moving around a lot.
 
Back
Top