Need Recommendations for CPU cooler and compound

Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
537
Hey Guys, long time lurker, finally decided to register. Anyways,

I wanna ask you guys for recommendations for the CPU cooler and the thermal compound...

Right now I am leaning toward the Tuniq Tower 120 or the Xigmatek S1283 or the S1384 if it is released real soon

As for the thermal compound, I am not totally sure yet but I heard good things about the MX-2

Thanks for looking
 
If price is a factor than the Xigmatek S1283 is pretty close to TRUE performance at quite a big price difference. Either AS5 or MX-2 would be fine - lots of people are on MX-2 now, but I don't think the actual temp difference is large enough to matter (your method of applying probably has a bigger impact than which paste you use).
 
You can not go wrong with a TRUE 120 but if you are looking for a little less cost Xigmatek S1283 or Noctua NH-U12P is not bad.. and as stated AS5 or MX-2 application is important.
 
Back
Top