• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need recommendation for gaming headset

raddevon

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 18, 2004
Messages
95
Hey, everyone. I'm trying to select a gaming headset, and I'm having trouble choosing between a few different options. I'm hoping you guys can help.

I've seen the review of the Corsair HS1, and that sounds like a pretty good option. My biggest concern here is the headset's lack of sufficient drivers for true surround. How profound in the difference between a headset with only two drivers and one with more?

I've also looked at the Astrogaming A40s which are attractive both because of the mixamp and because they are wireless. They are not as attractive because of the price, but I could get them if I really wanted. What are the disadvantages of having wireless? I also like that I have the option of using them with the 360 and PS3 although it isn't terribly likely I will do so.

Logitech has some very reasonably priced wireless headsets, but I'm sure I'll have to run some bloated application all the time in order to use them properly. I've also heard Tritton makes a good gaming headset, but I don't know much about them. A quick glance at their site suggests they don't do wireless which would be a plus but isn't a dealbreaker.

I'm looking to use this mostly for gaming on my PC. What do you guys think is the best option for me? Thanks in advance for the recommendations.
 
woah what a40's are not wireless

I have a40's and they are fine for gaming on all platforms possible but they arent studio quality. if you are looking for something on a budget i would try to stay away from these because for $250 you can get something nicer. Any Q's on a40's pm me


Edit: Actually these are bad for PS3 even though they are compatable. You have to buy a $15 adapter that sort of works but ive never been able to hook them up properly (also dont play PS3 much). Xbox 360 hook up is easy though

These are mainly for people who are big into MLG because they are very good for LAN parties where other people have the same headphones but other than that the are decent.
 
Creative Labs WOW Headsets are getting good reviews.
Corsair HS1
Logitech G35 or G930
 
Ended up picking up the G35s on the cheap from Best Buy. I was planning to wait it out and do the research, but the deal popped up. I couldn't pass it up. I think they were $65.
 
I've used 3 different USB headsets over the years (a Sennheiser PC166 USB headset, an E-Dimension Audio-FX 5.1 USB headset and a Steelseries Siberia V2 USB 7.1 headset). Out of those the Siberia's impressed me the most. They give outstanding quality, a roar of bass thunder you won't get from any other headset in its class (you'll know the roar when you plug them in USB and hear a loud "pish" sound. Like a drop of water hitting a rock). I'm telling you again, the bass on the Siberia V2's are just a roar of thunder straight up. It's like sound comes alive off that. It's crazy. The mic is also excellent and cool and style points go to Steelseries for making the mic retractable from the left ear cup. Real nice touch. You do pay a heavy price for Siberia V2's ($110 premium) but for what you get they are worth it. Be warned though, if there is a knock on the Siberia V2's its that they are extremely fragile on the ear cups. They take a decent sized hit it'll knock 'em cuckoo. But I still recommend them to those who will pay the money and take pristine care of them. That my nickel. Out!
 
I've used 3 different USB headsets over the years (a Sennheiser PC166 USB headset, an E-Dimension Audio-FX 5.1 USB headset and a Steelseries Siberia V2 USB 7.1 headset). Out of those the Siberia's impressed me the most. They give outstanding quality, a roar of bass thunder you won't get from any other headset in its class (you'll know the roar when you plug them in USB and hear a loud "pish" sound. Like a drop of water hitting a rock). I'm telling you again, the bass on the Siberia V2's are just a roar of thunder straight up. It's like sound comes alive off that. It's crazy. The mic is also excellent and cool and style points go to Steelseries for making the mic retractable from the left ear cup. Real nice touch. You do pay a heavy price for Siberia V2's ($110 premium) but for what you get they are worth it. Be warned though, if there is a knock on the Siberia V2's its that they are extremely fragile on the ear cups. They take a decent sized hit it'll knock 'em cuckoo. But I still recommend them to those who will pay the money and take pristine care of them. That my nickel. Out!

After this glowing review, I will have to listen to these sometime and check them out. Thanks.
 
You shoudl have gotten the g930 ... from what my two friend who have them say they are worth every penny ... now i just need the 130$ and i am going to get me a pair!
 
I've used 3 different USB headsets over the years (a Sennheiser PC166 USB headset, an E-Dimension Audio-FX 5.1 USB headset and a Steelseries Siberia V2 USB 7.1 headset). Out of those the Siberia's impressed me the most. They give outstanding quality, a roar of bass thunder you won't get from any other headset in its class (you'll know the roar when you plug them in USB and hear a loud "pish" sound. Like a drop of water hitting a rock). I'm telling you again, the bass on the Siberia V2's are just a roar of thunder straight up. It's like sound comes alive off that. It's crazy. The mic is also excellent and cool and style points go to Steelseries for making the mic retractable from the left ear cup. Real nice touch. You do pay a heavy price for Siberia V2's ($110 premium) but for what you get they are worth it. Be warned though, if there is a knock on the Siberia V2's its that they are extremely fragile on the ear cups. They take a decent sized hit it'll knock 'em cuckoo. But I still recommend them to those who will pay the money and take pristine care of them. That my nickel. Out!

+1 to the Sibera V2s

I have used $200+ Bose headphones and these are definitely in their ballpark.There's a USB version and an analog version. They're also really comfort for extreme sessions of gaming (8+ hours) Great buy!
 
Back
Top