Need recommendation for art monitor~

EzeroMobile50K

Limp Gawd
Thinking about grabbing a nice 2nd monitor for digital art. Thinking about trying a 1440p for the 1st time, considering an IPS if price permits.

Any recommendations? What are some of the most popular models people go to for the higher res IPS with good colors?

Last edited:
What's your budget? What size is your other monitor? Will you want it to match? How important is color reproduction for you? Is it for at home work where it's massively essential for near perfect color?

budget is negotiable depending if there's a major bang:buck point, but roughly $200-400 for a non IPS sounds reasonable, $400-800 for an IPS. It's for home use for a beginning artist, so color reproduction isn't critical. User has ever used an IPS so I'm sure anything will produce the desired "wow" factor. But would still like something universally considered as good. Other monitor is a 24" benq xl2420t. Matching isn't important. IMO 24-27" would be the best.

For budget I can't stress enough how great the Korean PLS panels are. In this same sub forum you can read real extensive QNIX thread all about it. Those have recently increased in price, but I use a 27 inch at home and I do video editing, and while I use a professional monitor at my office to color correct and finish, I do love it and it's night and day compared to my LED screen before that.

I think for any kind of work having more real estate is super important so a 2560x1440 resolution helps a lot. The Dell UltraSharp U2713HM is another good monitor but at a much higher cost.

I wish I was more versed in some of the more budget solutions beyond the korean monitors, but those are two directions to look. I'd research which higher end high res panels are getting good reviews along with the dell. Im a bit busy and will look more into it later.

If you don't want to bother with wide gamut my recommendation would be to get a PLS screen with perfect pixel option from S-Korea.
Even with an X-Rite i1 Display you'd still be within your IPS/PLS budget.

If you're intending to use it for print work a good wide gamut monitor might make sense (sRGB doesn't display all shades of cyan) but once you go wide gamut a colorimeter is very advisable so it would push your budget.

Back