Need reccomendation for a new Headset

nowwhatnapster

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Aug 9, 2009
Messages
406
I have been using a Logitech PC headset 120 for 5+ years now. It has served me quite well. It is showing its age though. The foam on the ear pieces is tattered and falling off.
This is the headset.

The only issues I have with this headset in the 5+ years I have owned it are:
  • Plasic digs into back of ear after wearing for 6+ hours, gets kinda painful.
  • Does not cancel out any background noise. I have to keep turning up volume to compensate for my surroundings. I don't want to destroy my eardrums.
  • Sound quality is a bit lacking, higher pitched, less bass. Have to turn up volume to get good sound out of it.

Things I love about this headset:
  • Flexible (adjustable) mic, (I have facial hair)
  • Behind the head style, comfortable and does not mess with my hair
  • Quick and easy to put on and take off.
  • In-line volume adjustment not necessary, I have a G15

I'm tempted to just buy another one of these, but I'm hoping someone out there might know of something slightly better that would alleviate my two issues. From what I can tell, I'm looking for a "circumaural, (instead of a supra-aural), behind the head, headset" Price really isn't an issue (Christmas is coming)

Primary purpose is for ventrillo and gaming, however, I occasionally listen to music on it, but the sound quality is not as good as my speakers, (lacks bass) which is why i say occasionally.
 
Thanks for the advice, those are what im lookin for. guess ill try the platronics first since its cheaper.

I have a blutooth headset from them and it works pretty well
 
Back
Top