• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need Quiet/Effective Cooler Replacement - Suggestions?

DarkOrigin

n00b
Joined
May 30, 2006
Messages
16
I'm running a P4 3.6GHz CPU on a "tight-fit" ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe board (socket LGA 775) fanless design.

Replaced the stock Intel cooler (loud as hell) with an Evercool that is almost just as loud. While it works great, especially with Arctic Silver 5, it's just too loud... plus I just had to buy a 6 fan case set up to keep my system cool because everything I'm running is high-end. I'll be using SilenX fans (14dba) which isn't too bad (have done this before) but this cooler is just too loud.

What would you all suggest that would 1) fit my mobo (taking the RAM into consideration; sits close to the CPU - so Zalman fan might be tight) and 2) will do a good job w/o being a massive pain to install?

Can't have anything to big, and the dba has to be decent.

Once again, I trust you all will have good advice ;)

Thanks much.
 
Well, I'm not totally sure what "too big" and "tight fit" are exactly in your case, but the best quiet/performance heatsinks would have to be the Scythe Ninja or Zalman 9500. Both stand quite high off of the motherboard, so I doubt that would be an issue. My ninja clears my ram by a mile.
 
Back
Top