• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need quiet CPU fan recommendation

flwolf

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 13, 2003
Messages
403
I have an AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2ghz processor. The retail fan sounds like a vacuum cleaner and is way too loud for the room I am using it in. Can anyone give me a recommendation of a very quiet fan for this processor? I won't be overclocking at all. The PC won't be used hard, either. It's basically a video streaming machine.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
 
That must be a very old article because every heatsink I looked at is discontinued.
 

That would be a good one. I am also a fan of the Scythe Big Shuriken SCBSK-1000 120mm CPU Cooler I have used it a couple times & itsproven to be very quiet. As long as you have room since its pretty low profile. you can also change to a thicker 120mm fan later if you want some more airflow & no more noise (can with most, but there is a little more variety available then 100mm)
 
Any heatsink that utilizes a 120mm fan will be pretty quiet; it just depends on your budget.
 
You know over on the main site they have some heatsink roundups right?
 
Back
Top