Need Quick Answer - Playstation 3 for $275?

Puterguru

2[H]4U
Somone in my office has one for sale for $275, one month old. I don't know squat about the Playstations. Had always planned on buying my son an X-Box 360.

Should I get this, anything I should know about these?

PlayStation 3 w/BlueRay – Model CECHL01
80 GB W/All Accessories
1 Controller
Bought in March Paid $399.00
Sacrifice - $275.00

Thanks!

Last edited:
It's a fair deal if you are looking for one. Wouldn't be cheap enough for me to impulse it...

Make sure you get the original receipt for warranty reasons.

if you cant get the receipt remember these words...

"It was a gift"

All you need to get fixed under warranty provided the manufacture date is near 1 year...

That's a solid deal - I'd go for it. There are pleanty of quality games on the PS3, with more coming this year for your son (and we know for you too...don't lie! ;)).

I'd buy it, if he's got the reciept that's a pretty damn good deal. You said you were going to buy your son a 360 and at this point the game are identical and the exclusives for the PS3 this year destroy pretty much everything the 360 has in it's line up.

Don't get me wrong the 360's great, but their junk., hint's why I'm on my 6th. But I bought my 7 year old one this past Christmas and he loves it.

Last edited:
That's a pretty good deal. There are a ton of games now, between the multi-platform and the exclusives.
I'd certainly jump on it.

Gosh frickin damn it. She sold it. I knew it wouldn't last long.:( Damn should have jumped on it.

Thanks anyways guys.:(

Every so often Dell gives out a 20% off coupon for consoles - you should be able to snag the 80GB PS3(with a game I think) for ~ $320. Plus it's brand new.

Or do what a few others have done and try to find one on E-bay that may need just a reset. At worst you can send it in for $150 to sony to repair. (This is better when trying to get a 60GB BC PS3 actually imho...Paid about $250 including buying it and sending it in for my 60GB)
Just my 2 cents tho...:p

Or do what a few others have done and try to find one on E-bay that may need just a reset. At worst you can send it in for $150 to sony to repair. (This is better when trying to get a 60GB BC PS3 actually imho...Paid about $250 including buying it and sending it in for my 60GB)
Just my 2 cents tho...:p

This! My 60 gig ps3 including buying my upgraded HD was like 170 bucks.

Back