• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need Quick Answer on GF4 MX-4000

krizzle

Gawd
Joined
Jun 28, 2004
Messages
902
Guys,
This neighbor of mine needs a new GPU to run her little kid's lego game. Problem is, it needs PS1.1 ...

I'm in russia, and my cheapest option is a GeForce4 MX-4000

does it support PS 1.1??? or should I step it up to a 5200?
 
gee, thanks, guys. I know it's not very [H] but i need it quick!

GeForce MX-4000, Pixel Shader 1.1. OR NO???
 
The GF4 MX does not support pixel shaders.

Get a DX8.x card like a 8500 or GF3 or GF4 Ti4200 or better minimum for pixel shader 1.1 support.

You can get a Ti4200 128MB for $49 shipped here or an 8500 64MB for $52 shipped here. A 9600 is $5 more at Xtreme Gear.
 
Thanks mate.

I'm in russia, so it's a bit difficult for me to order.

But I have an old ass GeForce3 ti500 lying around somewhere... a "spare" card. Missing a fan though...

Figure if I sell it for $30 it's not too steep?
 
but yea get a DX8 card of some kind like a 8500 or GF4 Ti
 
Back
Top