Need PS3 audio help

Robc1880

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Sep 10, 2006
Messages
328
I have been playing around with the PS3 for a few days now trying to get the sound to work, but not having any luck. I have the PS3 hooked up to my monitor via a HDMI to DVI cable and I am trying to run the audio through the SPDIF in on the X-Fi I/O panel with the composite cable audio on the PS3.

I have not had any luck with getting the audio to work and run through the PC speakers. Is there something I am overlooking that is keeping the sound from working? I am just trying to prevent having to buy an optical cable for the audio. Does anyone have any suggestions for something I can try? Thanks in advance for any help.
 
update the bios on the x-fi plat, and I would look under some of the settings because from what I understand spdif is not on by standard, so look for the option.
 
I am trying to run the audio through the SPDIF in on the X-Fi I/O panel with the composite cable audio on the PS3

Are you positive that through that cable there is a SPDIF signal coming from the PS3? I think that the PS3 only outputs SPDIF via the TOSLINK port.
 
update the bios on the x-fi plat, and I would look under some of the settings because from what I understand spdif is not on by standard, so look for the option.

Where would I get a new bios for the X-fi? I haven't seen anything for that on the creative site.

HSE, I confused the ports I'm using on the panel, they are just the Aux-In connectors (white and red), not the SPDIF.
 
Then go to the mixer and make sure that the volume for that AUX input (check which one if you have more than one) is unmuted/not too low.
 
Then go to the mixer and make sure that the volume for that AUX input (check which one if you have more than one) is unmuted/not too low.

Finally got my problem fixed. Looks like I had a driver conflict somewhere even though it didn't show under device manager. I uninstalled all system drivers and then used drivercleaner to completely get rid of them, reinstalled all drivers and now it's working like a champ. Thanks for the help.
 
Back
Top