Need Program for Editing Movie Info

I need a good program (preferably free, but not a requirement) that will allow me to edit my PC movie collection so everything shows up with the right titles and information just like I can do with my MP3's and what not. I've seen a few online but figured I would ask here for some opinions before getting any of them.

I was just playing around with this last night.

The two that I settled on were Metadata Browser and Mediascout - both generate files more meant for MediaBrowser (or XBMC). Of the two, Metadata Browser is fairly kludgy but will get the job done. Mediascout was great but I only used it for TV shows.

Metabrowser is supposed to be good but costs. People also swear by the scrapers built into XBMC.

Ok so either MetaData Browser, or Mediascout, will allow me to correct the info on my Movie Files so that way when I put them on like my phone or whatever, they show up with the right movie title and what not, correct ? And will MetaData Browser work for Audio files too, mostly MP3s and FLAC. files

XBMC is for watching Movies through Xbox360 isn't it ? and what is EDEN ? When i was looking at their site there was a lot of talk about Eden coming out, but no talk about what it really is ? I have heard of this before, but I Can't remember what exactly it is lol

I am lost on what all of this stuff does exactly. I just kno it has to do with using your Xbox and/or PC as a Media Center. Which I already do, as well as my PS3, but I dont really use any special programs, except for on PS3, i use "PS3 Media Server" which I only seem to have to use when i want to watch Blurays that are ripped to my PC and for Moves, Shows that are in mkv format, which a lot of Anime is in .mkv, and I watch a lot of Anime. Which sucks that its mostly in that format, cause my Android phone wont play .mkv, and I can never seem to find a good program to covert mkv to something usable on my Android phone and on Xbox360. cause .mkv doesn't work on Xbox either. or my iPod Touch. Pretty much doesn't work on anything Except PC, and on PS3 if you use the PS3 Media Server program, cause if you use that, it allows your PS3 to play any file format.

Since XBMC can allow you to steam audio/video to and from just about anything (So they claim) could I use it to steam video to and from my Android Phone, Since Android Phones already allow you to do that if you have to apps. My phone came with it built in (The LG Revolution is what I am using right now, until I get my upgrade and get either the LG Spectrum or the Samsung Galaxy Nexus)

Last edited:
You can go into the Details tab of the video file and edit the information there.

You can go into the Details tab of the video file and edit the information there.

you would think. Go to Properties>Summary>Advanced - and then fill out the details, but when i click on the spots and try to start typing it wont work.

I just need something, doesn't matter if it has to be two programs. That will allow me to edit the Information for Movies, as well as Edit the ID3 tags for the MP3s. I kno winamp lets you do it, but I need something a lil bit more then that, cause it doesn't always seem to take hold when i use their built-in Tag Editor. I hate when I put stuff on my phone or when I browse Movies and Music that's on my PC, on Xbox360/PS3 and everything shows up all messed up. I have mild OCD and so it really bothers the hell out of me ! Everything needs to be organized, alphabetized, neat and clean, and label correctly dammit ! lol...seriously tho, it does, it bugs me to death if it's not !

Back