• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

need professional hard drive recovery

hedpe

Gawd
Joined
Apr 28, 2005
Messages
633
Hi,

My churches hard drive failed and so my dad brought it to me to see if I could recover any data from it. I loaded up the ultimate boot cd, did some sector tests on it, and the drive is completely shot. I could not get a single sector to read without a failure. I tried evaluation versions of GetDataBack and some others i found on google, and not a single one could find a file on the drive.

My church unfortunately made no backups, so they desperately need the data recovered from the disk. Does anyone know of a reputable professional data recovery business/center that we could send the disk to for data recovery?

I'd greatly appreciate any help and responses.

Thanks!
George
 
unhappy_mage said:
Someone recommended DriveSavers a while back.


thanks for the suggestion!

I will get in contact with them

Any others anyone can suggest? Or anyone has any experience with DriveSavers?
 
Might sounds like marketing bullshit, but OnTrack recovered data off Columbia's HDDs for NASA. And their EasyRecovery Professional hasn't failed for me yet.
 
I actually tried the trial version of EasyRecovery Professional, and the thing is it couldn't find the partition info, and so it kept asking me "what is the partition type?" I would tell it FAT32, and then it would scan for the partition information and never find it, so it never "commenced" trying to recover data
 
Using the hex editor from the WinXP Pro CD, you can restore the MFT of a FAT drive from its backup. Saw an article in PC Magazine once where the guy used it to copy the backup MFT over the damaged one in about ten minutes, after a bunch of "advanced" solutions had failed.
 
the program i have will recover a drive as long as it will spin up. It cost around $1200. Again PM me if you want help as i can greatly help you out for close to nothing.
 
Back
Top