Need Printer Help Fast

HurtMeP1nty007

Limp Gawd
Hello,
Here is my dilema, I have a pc that I am putting on the network here at work. This computer will need to be able to print to the copy machine, the ticket printer and an HP Printer in the office. This needs to all be done via the network.

The system is running WindowsXP Pro. Here is my problem, I need to set it up so that everyone that uses that computer will see those 3 printers that I mentioned above. I logged in as an Admin and installed the printers, but whenever someone else logs in under their name they cannot see the printers.

HELP PLEASE

Thanks

Printers are part of the system and should be independent of the profiles. Unless the user profile is specifically restricted from adding/seeing printers, printers should replicate for each. Try temporarily granting Administrative privileges to the profile. Then, login and see if the printers replicate…

that is the thing, there could be 50 people that use this computer on a given day. I don't want to have to have each person sign in and then have them call me to come and install printers.

Follow along with these instructions to create your script, then set it to run at logon using group policy (User Settings > Scripts > logon)

OregonLAN said:
Printers are part of the system and should be independent of the profiles. Unless the user profile is specifically restricted from adding/seeing printers, printers should replicate for each. Try temporarily granting Administrative privileges to the profile. Then, login and see if the printers replicate…

Unfortunately, network printers are profile specific.

Thanks for the help everyone. I got it figured out. I just created a random profile with the all the printers installed and set it to my default user acount.

Thanks

uzor said:
Unfortunately, network printers are profile specific.

Because he mentioned nothing about print servers or shared printers, I assumed he was simply adding a couple printers using the “local” TCP/IP method. Smaller businesses tend do it this way…

HurtMe, you can use the Advanced User Profile Settings in the System Properties to copy the setting from one profile to another. This should replicate the installed printers...

Back