HaMMerHeD
[H]F Junkie
- Joined
- Jul 13, 2004
- Messages
- 10,397
Hi Folks. I'm wanting to replace my old P160, and these are the cases I am looking at for it:
Antec Nine Hundred -- Kindof wierd, but it's growing on me.
Antec NSK6500
I have 2 optical drives, the X-Fi platinum audiodrive, a 3.5" flash card reader, and 3 hard drives. I have a floppy drive, but it is pretty much expendable, and I don't really care if it makes it into the new case. My PSU is nothing special, just a 550W Thermaltake Purepower. All of these cases fulfill my needs, but I am unsure about them for one reason or another.
With the 900, I am concerned about noise and dust. It has so much mesh on it, it kindof looks like a dust magnet to me.
With the NSK6500, I've heard and read in a few places that the faceplate feels cheap and the power switch sucks. Is that accurate?
I know they are both Antec cases, and I have no great love for Antec, but I have used a lot of them in the past and I they have been solid and reliable for me. If I could afford something like a Silverstone TJ09, I would buy it. But I can't.
Just wanting some opinions on those cases, or possible recommendations for other cases in the $100 - $120 range.
Antec Nine Hundred -- Kindof wierd, but it's growing on me.
Antec NSK6500
I have 2 optical drives, the X-Fi platinum audiodrive, a 3.5" flash card reader, and 3 hard drives. I have a floppy drive, but it is pretty much expendable, and I don't really care if it makes it into the new case. My PSU is nothing special, just a 550W Thermaltake Purepower. All of these cases fulfill my needs, but I am unsure about them for one reason or another.
With the 900, I am concerned about noise and dust. It has so much mesh on it, it kindof looks like a dust magnet to me.
With the NSK6500, I've heard and read in a few places that the faceplate feels cheap and the power switch sucks. Is that accurate?
I know they are both Antec cases, and I have no great love for Antec, but I have used a lot of them in the past and I they have been solid and reliable for me. If I could afford something like a Silverstone TJ09, I would buy it. But I can't.
Just wanting some opinions on those cases, or possible recommendations for other cases in the $100 - $120 range.