Need new Warcraft Server

Blackstone

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Mar 8, 2007
Messages
4,098
I really want to get off Blade's Edge but I need a new server. My requirements are:

1. Good connection and performance.
2. Highly populated
3. Active community that runs 5 man heroic instances. It should not be hard to find a group for a heroic instance. It is impossible on blade's edge.
4. Laid back community--friendly and curteous.
5. Lots of guild opportunities. People seem unusually obsessed with gear on my server.
6. Good players

I have a 70 frost mage with about half of the PvP armor set. I play my class well and am fun to play with.

If any of you guys have any suggestions as to servers that meet the above requirements or if the above describes your server let me know. Also, I wouldn't mind playing with some of you guys so give me your toon names too, if ya want. Thanks!
 
Coming from someone whos been playing WoW since the day it was released i can tell you that there is no server that has ALL of those things :p

I've been on Mannoroth since day 1 and its a very busy server however you won't always find "nice" and "courteous" people. The PVP queue's are short 90% of the time, and you can usually find a 5 man.
 
I really want to get off Blade's Edge but I need a new server. My requirements are:

1. Good connection and performance.
2. Highly populated
3. Active community that runs 5 man heroic instances. It should not be hard to find a group for a heroic instance. It is impossible on blade's edge.
4. Laid back community--friendly and curteous.
5. Lots of guild opportunities. People seem unusually obsessed with gear on my server.
6. Good players

I played WoW for 4 years just quit for WAR. This is what I have found in my own experiences. All servers are the same.

1. There all going to be relatively the same. It's my understanding all of Blizz's servers are in the same building.

2. ATM I believe most already are mid to high pop. Although going to an older server will definitely fill this req.

3. Goodluck with that. Most servers seem to be hard to group up in PuGs always missing 1-2 classes. Also at 70 unless your in a hardcore raiding guild it's generally impossible to find a group. Let alone a good group.

4. Not going to be easy to find. Figure for every 50 people you have 4-5 jackasses multiply that by 2-3000. Jackasses also seem to have the most time to hang out in General chat and BS.

5. Again majority of the guilds on every server are going to have the goal of endgame raiding to get good gear. WoW's whole basis is farm/grind to better gear. It's designed to reqard those with no life and more than enough freetime.

6. Every server will have good players and bad players.

IMO Save your transfer money try to get into a relaxed guild especially if your focus isnt on end game content. You'll have more fun in the long run.
 
Give Mazrigos a try, I played there for 7 months, lot of guilds raiding and nice people from what I got. Maybe you'll even get to the Legacy :rolleyes:
 
I like the guild I am in on Area 52.

We have raids scheduled every single night. On Tuesday we have 4 - 5 kara groups going. Group 1 (the one I am in) brings in 1 - 2 scrubs a week and we still full clear in less than 2.5 hours.
 
a couple things to consider about changing servers.

1.) make sure the server timezone is going to work for you. if you live on east coast and change to a PST server, expect to run things late into the night and for places to be empty if you login early in the morning your local time. same is reverse for flipside too. if you chillin wesside, dont be hopping on no eastcoasta, aint no fun having to leave work early so you wont be late for a raid.
its not much fun to be in a guild but never get to run anything if you always have to log early to get sleep for work/school/paperroute/etc).

2.) check the wow server boards to see if guilds are activley recruiting before you transfer. not much fun to xfer from one ghosttown to another.

3.) connection issues? that can be very situationally dependant. blizz has several server houses around the states, but the servers at those sites are runnig on different timezones too. there are sites that list which serers are what timszone and physicall location. (i cant link now, lousy workplace filtering). best thing to do is to roll up a toon on a server your interested in, and just play for a while. if you're getting 2fps and 5k ping after you login, its time to pick a differernt server. remeber kids, wow should never run like its a powerpoint demo.

4.) if you wish to raid, you will never escape gear obsession. i repeat. if you want to raid, you will never escape gear obsession. thats just how the envirionment has learned to adapt. there may be guilds that will invite and join you up to help get you some new purples, unfortunaley, if the guild is attempting to make progress, you wont get too far in quest blues.
(and fyi (and not to seem like a b@st@rd) kara is not raiding. its a badge run, mabey some enchant mats).

5.)if your looking for "freindly and curteous", consider a RP server. unless their toons is supposed to be a complete @$$hat, they are generally the more polite players.
 
I'm on Nathrezim, been here since day 1 and I agree with people above, you wont find all of those things in ANY MMO.

However, I will scale your criteria for nath

1. 10, we used to have a terrible server, but since like the BWL patch its been fine
2. 8 we're a medium sized server until peak hours where we hit high pop, but i've rarely had a que.
3. For a frost mage heroics are always going to be harder to find grps for than if you're a tank. There seems to be a constant tank shortage on every server i have a char on, so i'm not sure if thats common or i'm just unlucky. Plenty of healers though so 7 on that one.
4. I can't speak for everyone, but my guild that i've been with for 2 years or so is the most chill raiding guild i've ever been a part of. We strictly enforce an over 18 rule which keeps it courteous, not mature though, and you can usually gfet help whenever you need it. We're not too far in raiding contnet anymore, but it doesn't bother us that much. i give us a 9
5. see above
6. i think we're good. lol
 
Back
Top