need new PS/is PC power& cooling

OPUS1

[H]ard|Gawd
PC Power & Cooling 510ATX Turbo Cool Deluxe

need new PS, is PC power & cooling as good as everyone (and it seems like everyone) says. Did alot of searching and couldn't find a bad word. I've been an Enermax fanboy but...
Will this become obsolete with the new gen boards?

that psu is the absolute best normal atx psu that you can buy. Period. I have one and will NEVER EVER go to another brand.

absolute best normal atx psu
What do you mean by normal?
I've found after many builds that if the money goes to a PS or other hardware it will go to the PS.
I'm just concerned that maybe I should go with the plus 6 (if it can be used) and that the ATX is on its way out.

by normal I meant, well, normal. I'm sure there are multi thousand dollar pseudo server psu's or zippy atx-server oriented psu's but for a normal desktop/editing/gaming rig pc power and cooling 510 deluxe is the best. By far.

how do your voltages check out. AIDA32 or sisoft or the like vs a meter?
Darn just read your sig now I have to get it and mod the pots :eek:
Any links to how to do it?

u don't have to...its a factory option :)

I'm telling you, these guys are the absolute most kickass manufacturers out there...you tell them what you want on your psu and they will custom build it. You can even tell them the length of the wires, how many connectors, even how many amps on each line!

The option for the pots is $90 and they put them on 3 foot external wires. High quality, easy to turn pots, and they braid the wires for looks. They also modify the inside of the psu to allow it to adjust higher than the stock pots.

OPUS1 said:
Will this become obsolete with the new gen boards?

If you want to be more future prooft, get the AG, which is EPS12V compatable. The main power connector of EPS12V supplies is the same as the latest ATX standard, v2.3, which is what PCI-E mobos will eventually use, as well as being the PSU specificied in the BTX standard.

i can also attest to the quality of PCP&C PSUs. i've got a vanilla 510 Deluxe without external pots on wires, and i have yet to fiddle with the rails. you can adjust them without opening the PSU if you want to, the pots on wires just makes it even more conveinent.

i say go for it, you won't be disappointed.

This is amazing, I can't recall any sort of [H]ardware that everyone loves.
Is it alittle tight to adjust the pots inside?
Anyone have some V readings from a prog.
I don't take to much creadence in them {over a digital meter) but it works as a comparison.
My Enermax on board shows 12v rail as 11.7 and my meter shows 12.02
Maybe some electrons are going awall :eek:

i've measured mine with a DMM. they were right on the dot, so i haven't even tweaked with the pots.

getting to the pots is fairly easy, there is simply a hole in the side or top of the PSU for each 3.3/5/12v pot. you may have to remove the PSU from your case to do this, but like i've said, i didn't need to adjust mine at all.

O-OH-OOOOH
I feel my amex slipping away :D
I'm just this close to gettin it!

Thanks all :)

I was about to do it but what is the differance between the deluxe and regular 510?
The site kinda blows as far as info!

Get the deluxe, for sure. The normal looks like any ol' psu where the deluxe comes with 3 holes drilled for easy access to the pots, a nice, showcase grade matte black finish, the wires sleeved in a stealth black look, and nice extra's like that. ITs well worth the money.

i'd say go with the Deluxe if you can. the sleved cables and externally adjustable pots is worth it.

Back