need new powersupply

I am looking for a new 800watt modular power supply. with long cables as I have the armor plus case and the power supply I have now the cables are to short. any suggestions.

Get the Seasonic X750 Gold... best PSU out there IMO

Don't worry, it hits almost 900 Watts with ease... check out jonnyguru's review..

Don't worry, it hits almost 900 Watts with ease... check out jonnyguru's review..
That is nonsense. The reviewers at JonnyGURU do not test PSUs at loads higher than they are rated for. The Seasonic X-750 is a 750W PSU and loads should not exceed that amount.

I had the HX1000 in my armor and then armor+ case and it worked perfectly, although it the PSU is expensive. I am surprised no one mentioned power supply extension cables. They are very cheap and if your PSU is already a high quality one just add the extensions and you will have some breathing room.

AX and HX both have plenty long cables and are modular, just to clarify differences, HX is silver certified for efficiency, AX is gold. AX is based on Seasonic X-series, HX is based on a CWT DSG I think? (one of the high efficency CWT series at least). All a matter of what you prefer, both are good to great, AX is probably a bit better in general. Also AX should be quieter since it's partly fanless + sanyo denki fans.

Why not go to Amazon or Ebay and choose one? There are so many various models, and you would find one just meet your needs.

HX or AX850, you can't go wrong with either and you'll have a monster warranty / support behind it.

Back