First off, I use the same speaker system for my HT setup and my computer surround sound, (40% music, 40% movies, 20% gaming roughly) and after all these years my Advent 10" powered sub finally bit the dust. The amp still works in the sub, but the speaker finally blew (I've had it for probably roughly 10 years). Everything is run through my Sony STR-DE685 receiver.
Anyway, I figured its probably easiest just to buy something new but I haven't really shopped around or done any comparing in ages. I'm on somewhat of a budget, I really don't wanna spend much more than $200-$250 if I don't have too, and I'd like to have at least a 10" sub as I have a pretty big room to fill, probably close to 20'x20'.
Also, how important is magnetic shielding for a sub? I've read mixed opinions on this but not really sure which to believe. The sub will sit right next to my DVD/VCR player and receiver, about 3-4 feet from my TV, and roughly 3 feet from my computer monitor, and probably 5 feet from my comp tower.
I've been leaning towards the Dayton 10" or 12" from PartsExpress, as I've seen it mentioned before as one of the better "value" subs around, but thought it'd be best to check here first to see what some other people's opinions were who know far more than me
Anyway, I figured its probably easiest just to buy something new but I haven't really shopped around or done any comparing in ages. I'm on somewhat of a budget, I really don't wanna spend much more than $200-$250 if I don't have too, and I'd like to have at least a 10" sub as I have a pretty big room to fill, probably close to 20'x20'.
Also, how important is magnetic shielding for a sub? I've read mixed opinions on this but not really sure which to believe. The sub will sit right next to my DVD/VCR player and receiver, about 3-4 feet from my TV, and roughly 3 feet from my computer monitor, and probably 5 feet from my comp tower.
I've been leaning towards the Dayton 10" or 12" from PartsExpress, as I've seen it mentioned before as one of the better "value" subs around, but thought it'd be best to check here first to see what some other people's opinions were who know far more than me