Need New HSF for Prescott

Hamfiles

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
160
I am using a Zalman all copper deal, w/ fan in the middle...I don't remember the model or name, it is the smaller one. It works well, but I notice that about every two weeks my temps start to go up, and I have to blow the fins out with compressed air.
Is there a high performance heat sink for a P4 prescott, that does not have to be blown out with air every two weeks? I am looking for something as quiet as possible, and I am willing to spend up to about 200 dollars, if needed.
 
I'm guessing you're blowing dust out with the compressed air, and your current hsf is not fully at fault. Sounds like theres too much dust getting into your case so you should get some fan filters.
 
Thanks. Where can I get filters, should I just make some, or are there ones u can buy?
 
Thank you, p0intblank. I did not hit refresh, and did not see your last post until just now.
 
Pantyhose really is probably the best fan filter you can get, as it seems to work better than any of the fan filters you can buy.

Just remember to clean it often, especially if your computer is in a dusty environment!
 
I don't know about pantyhose, but when I was in the Army, we had a Radar System that was truck mounted, had a lot of electronics, and it had thick metal mesh-type filters, for the fan intakes, and they worked very well. We blew them out w/ compressed air after every training exercise, and they were very durable. They kind of look like the ones that xoxide.com/ (the first link pointblank has listed) is selling.

I will try pantyhose for now. I don't want to keep replacing what I use, so will prob. order some of these filters. I suppose pantyhose might work better for filtering smaller dust particles out, though.

I almost talked my wife into letting me get the Exos II. Being from Washington, near Seattle, we are right near the Koolance company. If I can afford it later, I might buy Exos IIt and go all water cooled. (except for the pwr supply, of course.)
 
Back
Top