Need new headphones!!!

I got some wireless sony headphones a while back for my birthday and they're starting to crap out on me. Plus the static has been driving me crazy at times.

So basically, I'm asking if anyone could guide me in the right direction for some nice new headphones (preferably wired) or even some nice speakers. Although I would like some nice ones, I'm on a bit of a budget, so the cheaper the better. I do a lot of gaming and my new rig is going to be set up for basically that purpose. I was thinking about the Steelsound 5h v2, around 50$ on ebay. Perhaps someone could give me some help...

Bottom line: cheap, effective headphones please? Some advice/help?

I got some wireless sony headphones a while back for my birthday and they're starting to crap out on me. Plus the static has been driving me crazy at times.

So basically, I'm asking if anyone could guide me in the right direction for some nice new headphones (preferably wired) or even some nice speakers. Although I would like some nice ones, I'm on a bit of a budget, so the cheaper the better. I do a lot of gaming and my new rig is going to be set up for basically that purpose. I was thinking about the Steelsound 5h v2, around 50$ on ebay. Perhaps someone could give me some help...

Bottom line: cheap, effective headphones please? Some advice/help?

I got these razer protones M100s(the earbuds) They work great actually and have been the most durable for me. Usually around 30-50 depending where you shop. Got good bass, pretty good mids and a decent treble as well IMHO. Check them out. Also come with a ton of goodies and even a carrying case.

the steelsounds are great for a headset- very bright highs and mids, average bass. if u want just headphones w/no microphone under 50.00 i would say sennheiser hd415 or hd465. u can get the hd485's for 55.00 from buy.com and u will be very happy!

I looked up the PX100's like everyone said. and they definitely seem like a very plausible buy. I was wondering though, how do they fit around the head, is it over the ears or around? And by that I mean does it fit snugly over the entire ear or... well I'm not sure. Just wondering about the fit.

Also, what would be asecond choice. I don't mind the being over the ear much, but i prefer around the ear for a closed environment. Also the PX100's good for gaming yes?

Hmm... I've been looking on google and came across these seemingly less-known headphones, the Everglide s-500. Perhaps they're old? But anyways, the reviews I'm seeing seem to be good. Any advice on the manner?

Edit: I found them on ebay, one for 99 cents with 2 days left and one for 20$ with 1 day left. Doesn't seem like anyone has an interest in bidding. Makes me skeptical about this? (retails for 100$) Then again, for that price how could I go wrong?

Back