• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need new HDD or SSD

brooks

n00b
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
48
I need to upgrade my main drive. I currently have a 74GB raptor (old).

I want to spend under $200 and only need about 150 GB because my storage is external. The box is used for mostly for gaming and some Photoshop/Illustrator. I want the most speed for my buck.


My current system is:

core 2 duo
6g ram
8800 GTS

but I will be upgrading soon... this hard drive is the first step because I am out of space and cant add new games untill I get more space.

What would you get? Any direct links or deals would be appreciated.
 
for 300 bucks if you can deal with 120gm space you can find a ssd.. Otherwise for 200 bucks your best best would be raid 0 with a couple of sammy f3's or WD blacks.
 
Thanks for the quick replies.

I cant RAID with my current setup and dont think I will want RAID when I upgrade.

Ive been trying to find a 150 gb SSD under $200 but I have had no luck. I might be willing to drop that requirment to 120 gb if I can find that for under $200. The search continues....
 
Everything I have seen under the 200 price has been under 120 gigs. :(
 
Back
Top