• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need new case soon... recomment one please.

MaXXimus

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 8, 2008
Messages
312
Currently I have a Lian Li 343b that I modded myself and Im looking to ditch the case because I find it quite difficult to dismantle to clean it out properly. So Im hoping people can recommend one that will fit my requirements.

Full size
Good cooling properties / air circulation
Easy to dismantle to clean


The 343b has these modules but even they are a beast to get in and out... so I pray there are some good quality cases that have simple pop out fans and such...

I have 4 HDDs... 3870X2 (so needs to fit a big card)... extended mobo tray... Ultra 120 extreme so needs to fit that beast as well. Price isnt much of a problem but prefer something thats QUALITY over some flimsy cheap-o.
 
Why not get another Lian Li?
I recently obtained a Lian Li A70F Full tower, and it's amazing. Plenty of room, can fit 13 HDD's, can fit the largest GPU card on the market, very customizable, can purchase a side window, or a custom top panel which would make it easy to install a radiator inside. Plenty of room for a triple rad in this thing. Great cooling and looks awesome
 
Well flavor of the months for your needs seem to be HAF 932, HAF X, Silverstone FT02, and CM 840 ATCS.
 
@FaRK... I looked over the ones you listed and though they all look pretty good, nothing really jumped out at me as for features.

@Bdone... First I looked at the A70F and was pretty impressed, but then I started liking the A71F with the door... BUT... after doing some review reading, I see a lot of people complaining (or just commenting on) the fact the cooling isnt all that wonderful... so I actually am leaning towards a Lian Li PC-A77F (unless someone makes any other suggestions that I can look into)... seems its getting a lot of rave reviews and cooling seems to be very well.
 
I think you hit the nail on the head with the A77. I'm still absolutely in love with the mid-tower variant with its removable motherboard tray, easily accessible bays, great cooling, and easily removable panels which makes it extremely easy to service. Too bad the A17 was discontinued...I hope they update it like they did with the A77F and the original A77.
 
The cooling is great in the A70F, I love it to death. To get better cooling I suggest the custom parts that lian li sells, but I think the a70F looks better than the a77, but as far as things you get with the case the a77 definitely wins. I have actually had a huge decrease in temperatures moving to the a70f, but your system will definitely be cooler with the a77
 
Its a shame they couldnt have made the A77F with a door or done something to make the front look a little more appealing, because all those hd brackets look somewhat unappealing.
 
Back
Top