need network assitance with linksys

ColdCrow

Limp Gawd
I'm using an actiontec that Fios gave me which is a modem/router. I do not like the wireless on it, so I piggybacked my Linksys router to use its wireless. And DMZed everything to go to the Linksys router. I like to use static IP settings not dynamic. But I can't figure out how to set this option, when I set it the way I have my other devices to my network I get this error. I must be doing something wrong.:confused: Do I even need to set this because my wireless devices pick up a connection fine. So whats this option for?
a1.jpg

a2.jpg

WAN and LAN are both the same IP range..192.168.1.xxx.
The router needs different IP ranges on each side...else..well, it sort of gets confused..."Which way do I go George?"

Bridge the Actiontec, so that your Linksys is the only NAT device getting the public IP on the WAN side.
Or
Set the Linksys in the same IP range as the Actiontec..say the Actiontec is 192.168.1.1, set the LAN IP of the Linksys to something like 192.168.1.245..uplink it to your Actiontec using a LAN Port on each...you will NOT use the WAN port of the Linksys...leave it to obtain auto or something. Disable DHCP on the Linksys. Good to go.

Back