• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Need muffler for 4890 fan....

Wenty

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
460
Damn these fans are loud....... lol. :p I'm starting to miss my 8800GTX. I bought two open box cards from new egg and I only have one in now..... wow do these things blow. I'm scared to see what crossfire sounds like. :) Its clocked @ 930/1100 not bad for stock volts but the fan noise sucks.
 
My Crossfire isn't actually too bad.
I play my games fairly loud during the day and with headphones at night so I'm good!

Only downside is I got the shittiest overclocking cards ever. They hard lock at 930MHz on either card.
 
My Crossfire isn't actually too bad.
I play my games fairly loud during the day and with headphones at night so I'm good!

Only downside is I got the shittiest overclocking cards ever. They hard lock at 930MHz on either card.

Yeah, I was thinking headphones for gaming witch I have so guess I'll have to just get used to it.:(
 
Uhhh....I assume you know that you can adjust the fan speeds via Catalyst Control Center's "Overdrive" section, right?

I'm running my 4830 at 46%, and it's quite quiet, there (very deafening at the default speed, though).
 
Anything over 40% on these cards is noticeable. I have mine running at 900/1000 and I keep it locked at 35% and the card runs cool but I can hear the fan if everything in the room is quiet. As soon as I fire up music or a game I don't hear it anymore.
 
red plate?

I am running it currently on a 4830, because I sold my other card and it was too much card for me anyways.

OVerclocked to 780 and over volted on the core I top out, I want to say below 60c, with no fan, but open case.

and the installation couldn't be simpler.

let me load it up and see what temps I get hold on a sec

idle at those clocks is 35c, its 75f degrees in my house, let me load it up now.

less than 50c load(seems to max out at 49c)
 
Last edited:
red plate?

I am running it currently on a 4830, because I sold my other card and it was too much card for me anyways.

OVerclocked to 780 and over volted on the core I top out, I want to say below 60c, with no fan, but open case.

and the installation couldn't be simpler.

let me load it up and see what temps I get hold on a sec

Well afterall, we are talking about the 4890, like the 4870 people tend to disassemble the stock cooler and reassemble the red plate for some additional cooling.

We all know the S1 rev.2 works like a charm on both the 4830 and 4850, but those aren't the cards this topic is about;)
 
dude, an overvolted 4830 at those clocks should run just as hot, the 4890 has better thermals for the clocks to reach that high.

and no we all don't know that, don't be condescending
 
Back
Top