Need moniter advice

Leaderz0rz

n00b
I recently bought the ViewSonic VX922 and its a great moniter as far as no ghosting and what not goes. The problem is the viewing angle on it is horrendous. I have to be almost sitting above the moniter looking down for the picture not to be darkened and blurred. I am probably going to return it to newegg and purchase another one. I would like advice on one to purchase. I'm pretty much set on somthing with a 1600x1200 res and is not widescreen. I am a big gamer and play games that do not support anything other then 4:3 aspect ratios. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Leaderz0rz,

I myself am also in the market for a new LCD, however im looking at the widescreen models. At the moment im been driven crazy by all the good and bad points! It seems that there is not one single decent LCD that just works, everyone seems to find problems with them no matter how good they are!

As far as im aware all none widescreen LCD's are pretty problem free, hopefully you'll get some more information from people who are looking specifically at 4:3 LCDs

[At the moment im been driven crazy by all the good and bad points! It seems that there is not one single decent LCD that just works, everyone seems to find problems with them no matter how good they are!]

I feel the same way. I play BF1942 Forgotten Hope. I want to go LCD and can't decide. 19" to 21" will work but which model and widescreen or not I can't decide. These models seem to be popular.

Viewsonic VX922 and the VX2025WM.
Gateway fpd2185

And of course, there are the Dell models to consider.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no reason not to go widescreen. All of the good widescreen monitors allow viewing 4:3 with bars on the side. It would be no different that playing on a 4:3 only screen. You just need a 24" wide who's native res is 1920x1200, then you'll get a pixel perfect 1600x1200.

Ok, widescreen it is. I am confused on the size. Are saying you need at least a 24" too have res of 1920x1200, and get a pixel perfect 1600x1200. What I mean is, there are no smaller sizes that achieve this? Which model do you recommend? Thanks, Paul.

Jolly said:
Ok, widescreen it is. I am confused on the size. Are saying you need at least a 24" too have res of 1920x1200, and get a pixel perfect 1600x1200. What I mean is, there are no smaller sizes that achieve this? Which model do you recommend? Thanks, Paul.

If there are LCDs that display 1920x1200 that are under 23-24", I am not aware of them. Most of the 21-22" ones are 1680x1050...something like that.

I can't really recommend any offhand, I don't have a lot of experience with them. I currenly use a Dell 2405fpw, served me well so far, excellent picture quality and the slight ghosting does not bother me. It was my first LCD and I quite like it.

I just ordered a 2407 since I need HDCP to play HD-DVDs with my new Xbox HD drive. I'll post some impressions of it this weekend if it's in by Friday, but it probably won't be here till next week.

Back