need mobo for upside case

[teh]manwich

Limp Gawd
i have a bit of a dillema on my hands. i buying a completely brand new computer and have all the parts with the exception of the cpu, vid card, and sound card at the moment but they will be here tomorro(hopefully...). but i just found out that the heat pipe design on my m2n-sli deluxe mobo might be lethal to my system since my case is a lian-li pc-v1000. so tomorro i was thinking about getting my mobo returned and replacing it with a crossfire mobo since the graphics card thats being shipped to my house is a 1900xtx. crossfire could be an option in the future, but its always nice to have an option like that, and i prefer ati cards over nvidia. should i bite the bullet and try this mobo anyway? or go with my solution? or does anyone have a better suggestion?

I would get the Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe, its what i have and i'd say its one of the best crossfire motherboards out there.

after you turned the case upside-down, you would have to remove the opticals and flip them over also. your floppy and hd's would be ok.

dont do it if you have one of these on top of your case, tho.

87225758_8734c69469.jpg

its an unusual mod. sometimes its there, sometimes it isnt.

yea i thnk ill pass on the case flipping. im thinking about just removing the heatpipe alltogether and putting a chipset fan in there. Ive only seen one person do that so far.

KITTY! :D :D :D

no, the motherboard would be fine if you put the case upside down. unless, of course, the catmod peed on it.

Back