• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Need LCD recommendation

MinPin

n00b
Joined
Apr 23, 2006
Messages
10
I am looking for some 20" LCD recomendations. I would like to keep the cost around $450. It will be used for some gaming, web-surfing, and possibly TV. My system is a little dated right now. I am using a 2.8 P4, 2GB ram, and a Radeon 9800 Pro AIW. But, I do plan on upgrading soon. I don't really care if it's widescreen. I just want a really good screen in the $400-$450 range. I'm open to other recommendations, but I have been looking at these:

Samsung 204b ---------------->$439.99 at Newegg
Viewsonic VX2025WM ----->$399.99 at Newegg
Dell 2007WFP ---------------->$469.00 at Dell w/free shipping ($60 off coupon code)
Dell 2007FP -------------------->$479.00 at Dell w/free shipping ($60 off coupon code)

or

2 Dell 1907FP ----------------->$448.50 at Dell w/free shipping (25% off with additional $60 off coupon code)
 
Thanks for this post. I'm having the same dillema. I had my eyes set on the viewsonic 2025 however when I went to a computer store, it just seemed so small compared to the Samsung's 19- 20 inchers. After searching for suggestions on this site, a lot of people say the Dells are good but then they say the 2007 has some banding issues. There's a 50 dollar rebate on the 2025 at Fry's so if I can't figure anything out, I'm going for it. Hopefuly people will give their feedback on the dells, they look pretty nice.
 
Thanks for the replies.
I guess I'm leaning towards the 2025 or the 204b. I wish the 2025 had the glossy screen like the NEC 20WMGX2. That one is REALLY nice IMO.

Any other opinions?
 
nope not in that price range. another important factor is that you can buy the Sammy at BB and if there's an issue just return it instead of RMA hell.
 
MinPin said:
Thanks for the replies.
I guess I'm leaning towards the 2025 or the 204b. I wish the 2025 had the glossy screen like the NEC 20WMGX2. That one is REALLY nice IMO.

Any other opinions?

You want a glossy screen get the Acer AL2032wd, which is $420 or so. Supposedly it has a great screen, but it's hard to find many reviews of it on these sites.
 
Back
Top