Need LCD Buying Advice - Need Large Screen Primarily for Web Design / Photography

uptown

n00b
So I know pretty much everyone has their own situation when trying to pick an LCD. I've read a ton of threads here, but have found myself somewhat paralized when it comes to making a choice about which LCD to buy. Anyway, here's my situation ... and what I'm looking for, and maybe some of you can help guide me to an LCD that will fit my needs. I'm looking for a screen that's as large as possible (30" isn't too large) but doesn't suffer from quality issues (backlight bleeding, excessivly large dot pitch, etc.). My use of the LCD is approximately the following:

40% - Graphic design and web development
30% - Photography / Photo Editing / Photoshop
20% - Email / Browsing / General PC use
10% - Gaming
0% - Movie watching

What I'm looking for is something that will accurately represent the colors of the websites I build, and also accurately represent colors for my photography work. I'd also like to be able to play games with average quality settings without it looking like a slide-show ... but I don't game much on my PC, so if I needed to sacrafice in one of the areas, that'd probably be it. Price is obviously a consideration, but I'm willing to spend what it takes to get a quality product that I can keep for a number of years. My current PC has a single 8800GT video card, but I've got an X48 motherboard, and could throw in another 8800GT if need be.

I'm torn about whether the additional demands that a 30" screen places on my video hardware is worth going that route, but we've got some older 30" non-HC Dell's at my job and the size is wonderful.

I've looked at the Dell 3007WFP-HC, but the wide gamut on that one seems to annoy people. I've never seen it in person, so I don't really have a way to say if it'll bother me or not. I'm open to alternative brands ... but could really use some guidance.

Thanks very much for any help and advice you can provide.

Back