• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need largest cloth mousepad

Lengradde

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 16, 2011
Messages
189
The Xtrac XXL is only 36x18. Does anyone know where to find something taller, perhaps 36x24 (or bigger)?
 
Umm... just curiousity from a non-gamer here, but why the Dickens would anyone need a 3 foot wide mousepad?
 
I've experienced wrist pain, which was alleviated by not using an elevated pad...ie turning my whole desk into the mousepad, along with using my mouse left-handed for anything non-gaming. 36" is the perfect width for me using a mouse on both sides of the keyboard.

The problem with hard pads, for me, is that they hurt. I've used plenty of things including various plastic pads, and the least comfortable of all....the icemat. I definitely need to stick with cloth pads.

Now, the problem with my Xtrac XXL is that it isn't tall enough. At 18", with my elbow on the pad, my mouse is at the very top without much room for upward movement. If this pad was 24" tall, all my mousepad woes would be addressed. Thickness of the pad doesn't matter to me, since my whole arm is resting on it.
 
OK, wow, that sucks. I can definitely understand it then.

I would be glad to *make* you a pad, if you'd like -- I'd ask you to pay just for materials (shouldn't be more than $10-15) and shipping (should be about the same). I've never made a mousepad, but I'm generally pretty good at figuring that stuff out. It's basically fabric, foam, and some adhesive to keep the two together. Hard to mess that one up (well, unless you use the wrong glue, but I'll be careful on that).
 
This website

http://www.cshyde.com/c4web/C4Ngen04.htm

Best pad i've ever used. Its as thin as a few sheets of paper. It has great tracking. It has amazingly low friction. Its a definite upgrade from my QCK+ and SX in all of these categories.

Email the guy to see if he will make a custom size. I'm sure he will.
 
I also needed a big mouse pad and the biggest I found was the Razer Goliathus (that Agenesis listed above).
 
is this forum completely retarded? the puretrak talent mouse pad is the most comfortable mouse i have ever used! it has a nice thick comfortable foam pad its machine washable and last forever without any fraying of the cloth. the material itsself is like this really silky smooth cloth that has a nice glide to it. this is probably one of the best and most comfortable mouse pads i have ever used in my enter life.
 
I really enjoy my QcK heavy mouspad. It is 17.7 x 15.7.

Does not sound like it is large enough for you though. Great cloth mousepad.
 
is this forum completely retarded? the puretrak talent mouse pad is the most comfortable mouse i have ever used! it has a nice thick comfortable foam pad its machine washable and last forever without any fraying of the cloth. the material itsself is like this really silky smooth cloth that has a nice glide to it. this is probably one of the best and most comfortable mouse pads i have ever used in my enter life.

Lol I think the ban hammer is Incoming. Pleas sir keep your opinions and insults to your self.
 
I've experienced wrist pain, which was alleviated by not using an elevated pad...ie turning my whole desk into the mousepad, along with using my mouse left-handed for anything non-gaming. 36" is the perfect width for me using a mouse on both sides of the keyboard.

The problem with hard pads, for me, is that they hurt. I've used plenty of things including various plastic pads, and the least comfortable of all....the icemat. I definitely need to stick with cloth pads.

Now, the problem with my Xtrac XXL is that it isn't tall enough. At 18", with my elbow on the pad, my mouse is at the very top without much room for upward movement. If this pad was 24" tall, all my mousepad woes would be addressed. Thickness of the pad doesn't matter to me, since my whole arm is resting on it.

Seriously, why not just put a wooden/plastic board with the same dimensions underneath the pad, then staple/glue/silicone the pad to it?

That way the board can be any height you want it to be and you can continue using your existing mouse pad.
 
Just as a follow-up...I went with the Corepad XXXXL

47.2 x 23.6 inches

I'm now satisfied. :)
 
Back
Top