Need laptop recommendation

tehblue

Limp Gawd
for everyday and business use. I want a small display under 13 inches with a dedicated graphics card. It also needs to be light and able to dock. Dock should support at least 2 monitor output.

I recently acquired an HP 2530p but I think the series is crap. My older Dell XPS M1210 performed better than the HP. I would love to continue using the XPS but need the simplicity of docking. Tired of plugging and unplugging cables while at home.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

I'd say if you can deal with the lack of a dedicated GPU, the Thinkpad X230 might be up your alley. Otherwise you could wait for the upcoming Trinity laptops, that should give you dedicated-like GPU at this form factor.

What about a referb z2. Just ordered one my self. Supports three monitors and comes with a great docking solution, although the gpu is in the dock. Might work well for you since all you have to do is plug in one cable and you have monitors, gpu, cd, usb 3.0.

Btw laptop is only 2.5lbs (lighter the mac book air) and has a full i7m processor instead of ulv.

$900 for a referb model.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...olp_refurbished?ie=UTF8&condition=refurbished

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back