Need iPhone 4S <-> Speaker Dock extension cable recommendation

Outrager

Gawd
So I bought a speaker dock (Skullcandy Pipe, it was on sale) but my iPhone 4S doesn't fit when it has a case on it. It's off by like 1mm because if I push down on my phone slightly it gets a signal, but as soon as I let go it loses signal. The case I have on the phone is very thin too. Anyway, I wanted to get an inexpensive cable to extend the 30 pin dock connector so I can keep my case on my phone and still be able to use the speaker dock to listen to music, charge, and use the provided remote control to control it from afar.

There are so many different kinds on Amazon and eBay (I'm not looking for the little stubs, but a short cable) that range from $4 to $27 and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. I would love to go with something priced in the lower end. A lot of them say they only sync/charge and won't do audio so I don't want to pick one and then wait 2 weeks for it to ship from China (which seems to be where all the inexpensive ones come from) only to find out I got the wrong kind.

The one I'm currently looking at now is this one from eBay because it mentions audio and data transmission and says something about an Apple chip and it's only $4. (I don't want to pay too much since I'm pairing it with a $13 speaker dock. I would return it, but I think it would cost me like $9 just to ship it back to them.) This $27 one seems to do everything I want, but more than that's double the cost of the dock. I rather not pay that much since it seems silly to invest that much on 30 pin accessories at this point.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Monoprice used to carry a 30pin dock cable to 3.5mm jack. Worked fine. I have a couple left but no iphone anymore, you interested? If so I will look but I think one is new and the other is used, might be a couple more too.

Monoprice used to carry a 30pin dock cable to 3.5mm jack. Worked fine. I have a couple left but no iphone anymore, you interested? If so I will look but I think one is new and the other is used, might be a couple more too.

No thanks. The speaker dock has a 3.5mm input.

Back