Need install help on enterprise drive

Outlaw85

[H]ard|Gawd
I've had this before and was able to get the install to work on some other Enterprise drives I have but am having a brain fart at the moment on the steps I've taken to install.

Specs-
Asrock Z87E-ITX
i7-4770K
EVGA GTX660 2GB SC
8GB DDR3 Ripjaws
430W PSU
WD600BLHX 600 GB Raptor

I am able to use the drive while in windows without issue. I was actually using it as a game storage drive but want to consolidate to just the single raptor so I can close up my case.

I went to install Windows 8.1 (USB) and the OS didn't detect the drive. I also tried Win XP 32 and 64 bit(on disk), Win7 64bit (on disk and USB).

The drive is detected in Windows and the BIOS. I can even select as a bootable AHCI drive but can't install windows. It doesn't find the drive.

Tried...
...removing 1 stick of ram (only 2 installed)
...default BIOS
...flashing BIOS
...SATA setting on IDE, AHCI and RAID
...moving SATA cable from motherboard port 1 to 3 and 5 (same result)
...different SATA cable
...load drivers option on install screen for HDD for SATA controller

What is my fart missing. I searched online last night and today and am probably missing some other things I have tried. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Outlaw

did you try loading the drivers into a USB key and installing them in windows set up when it does not show the drive, you can load drivers, the disk / install likley does not have the drivers for the controller.

Example
500x1000px-LL-646b5252_raid.jpeg

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, that was the last "tried" line; ...load drivers option on install screen for HDD for SATA controller

Is there a specific driver I should be looking for? I tried several of them for storage from the asrock site and there wasn't anything that looked useful on the WD site for the drive. This is where the fart is.

Thanks again,
outlaw

you dont need a driver for the harddrive, period. On that point it is about the Storage-Controller of the mainboard Sata/SAS. That Board looks fairly new and the "Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver and utility" seems like the Driver to load at that stage

Thanks. I did try a few of them (inf files) and none of them seemed to work. BUT now I have a bigger problem. I think one of my barbs were leaking and now the pc will not power on at all (psu still works when jumpered) but no sign of life when plugged into mobo.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll try to post back when/if it's working again.
Outlaw

Back