Need input on a new laptop for creative

wings2004

Limp Gawd
So recently Asus launched their zenbook pro duo seemingly targeted at creators which just looks really sexy, right as I was two days away from buying the HP Spectre x360 2 in 1 for content creation. I primarily work on Lightroom and Photoshop and was looking for a good touch interface so I can ditch my Wacom. I'm doing some audio and video editing and I see that as the direction I'll be going more in the future.

I'm looking at pretty similar builds spec wise, both have i7-9750h and 16gb RAM, the Asus is a 2060 and the HP is a 1660, but I feel that's probably a wash for mobile anyway. Both are spec'd with a 4k oled touchscreen. Obviously the Asus has the extra display which is the main selling feature in my book.

I like buying high end because I run my systems to the ground, I'm not in a rush for a new laptop but my current laptop doesn't have a touch display and is from 2011 so is feeling sluggish. I also have a Chromebook that just received it's final update so all that is motivating me to look for an upgrade.

The Asus is $2500 and the HP is $1850 the way I've spec'd it. If the Asus were to go on sale I wouldn't mind waiting. I am solidly leaning toward that now but the price and lack of reviews is the main turn off. Is there anything else that I might be missing. Creative work is my hobby so I don't really want to go over 2500. It would be great if I could game on the system occasionally as well but 4k display with good color spectrum is more important.

The Lenovo Yoga C940 is out as well, only with GTX 1650 however.

The Lenovo Yoga C940 is out as well, only with GTX 1650 however.

Thanks for pointing that out. It's a little underpowered for what I'm looking for. I did find the Lenovo X1 extreme gen 2 which has similar specs to the HP. My main concern there is the color space of the monitor, on the yoga or even the x1 extreme it isn't mentioned, so while it's likely good, I don't feel confident that it's comparing apples to apples.

Back