• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need info on LCD's.

swanysto

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
340
Ok I am a total newb when it comes to LCD's. I have been holding on to my crt for a while now, but I have got to get rid of this bulky thing.

So my question is this:

What should I look for in a good LCD monitor? What features? For instance contrast ratio etc. Is higher better?

Money is an issue here. I would like to keep it around 200-300. I saw a really nice 19" widescreen with a beautiful picture at compusa for 225.

I game a little bit, but nothing too hardcore.

Any suggestions and direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
 
have a read here about what all the specifications mean for TFT's. Take note of the different panel technologies used as well (TN, IPS, PVA, MVA mostly) and hopefully that should help explain a bit more :)
 
Back
Top