Need Ideas on Modding a Thermaltake Tsunami

First, cut out those very restrictive stock fan grills and put something (anything) else in thier place for better air flow. You can repaint it with a color of your liking, maybe change the colors of the LED's. Your options to mod your case are only limited by your imagination.

Thx dude I think I will take you're advice on the fan grill thing, I am also planning on modding a huge blowhole window on the top of the case.
Man I love the Thermaltake Tsunami :D .

my advice...find a solid side panel and cut your own window cause the current one is fugly. I dig the style of the front bezel so I don't know if I would do anything to that. Other than that, I dunno, I can't think right now.

Before you cut your blowhole, measure it at least two times. I like to measure 3 or 4 times, just to make sure I have the hole in the exact spot it should be in.

I cut a blow hole in the top of mine, but it's an ordinary one and there's not enough space for a 120mm fan, so I ended up cutting my hole through the thing with all the firewire and usb stuff. It looks alright now actually.

I'm going to agree with siege and say that you should make your own window for it. That X window is pretty fugly. But a nice custom job, with a nice etching would be teh sweet. :D

yea i got a 120mm fan blowhole on mine. do it ontop if the firewire port thing up top since it ruins the look.

I have that same case, and I am going to paint all the silver parts, Drive cages and what not, A nice high glodd black. Think it should look pretty good. Also thinking about mabey putting some kind of UV reactive design on the parts I paint to get a nce glow.

Will see. Will post pics of whatever I do.

Thanks guys for all you're input. You all read my mind I was actually planning on buying the model with the solid side panel so I can cut a custom window, mainly because that side fan pisses me off!!! I want a full side window with no obstructions, although I am in love with the case overall.

Watch guys when my gamer rig is done you will all be amazed by the specs. Watercoooled goodness. Should be done by mid-January.

elite.mafia said:
IDEA: Make the sucker bullet proof.

LOL thats funny because just the other day me and my buddy were talkin about my new comp and he had an idea to make the window out of bullet proof inch thick polycarbonate plastic.

It isn't a joke, does he really want some gangstas to do a drive by on his fx53 and 6800 ultra? That's right, he doesn't.

Wow, its wonderful how thermaltake can steal the coolermaster wavemaster bezel, and the antec slk3700amb internal design and call it theirs..... lame. Return this pos and get the real thing(Coolermaste Wavemaster) nicest case on earth imo :D

DecimatorXX said:
Return this pos and get the real thing(Coolermaste Wavemaster) nicest case on earth imo :D
wavemaster = craptastic cooling. I bought a Tsunami and love it thank you very much :p Dual 120mm fans are far better than 3 80mm. Plus the Tsunami is cheaper.

Heres a mod for you, and its easy and cheap to do! Go to your garage, shed, work room, w/e. Get the heaviest blunt object you can find, and hit the tsunami with it untill you are too tired to move any more. Then, buy a case thats nice, Coolermaster, LL, Kingwin, Silverstone, w/e, just boycott thermaltake.

DecimatorXX said:
Wow, its wonderful how thermaltake can steal the coolermaster wavemaster bezel, and the antec slk3700amb internal design and call it theirs..... lame. Return this pos and get the real thing(Coolermaste Wavemaster) nicest case on earth imo :D

Neither the front bezel nor the internal design of the Tsunami is taken from either of those cases.

The only similarity to the Coolermaster is the curved front design. The Wavemaster has a small lip near the bottom right, whereas the Tsunami has a lip that runs from top to bottom. The Tsunami also has the chrome trim piece, LEDs, and double doors.

The only internal similarity to the Antec is the use and placement of the two 120mm fans, which is quite standard actually. Otherwise the PSU mount, the support bar (standard to Thermaltake), the hole behind the PSU, the motherboard tray, the expansion slot locks, and the removable drive cages are all very much different.

Yes, Tt did bank on the popularity of the "wave" design, however functionaly the Tsunami is everything the Wavemaster was NOT. Slightly larger, SPECTACTULAR paint job, FAR better cooling, wire management, removeable cages, double doors, more accessible accessory ports, locking side panel, and built-in rubber washers to silence the hard drive. Far superior in almost every respect... and to top it off it's marginally less expensive.

http://www.tarleton.edu/students/st_bostick/TsunamiOpen.jpg

Back