Need Hitachi controller board.

BitchBreaker

[H]ard|Gawd
Im in need of a spare controler board for a Hitachi 80 gig sata hdd,7200rpm, I have 2 of these hdd's now in raid and id like to have 1 board on hand just incase something happens,i lost one of my hdd's not ,long ago to a bad shuttle psu and dont want to be stuck if a board goes south..i remember a guy on here that has/had a vast supply of just about any board for hdd's but i cant remember who he is...so any help is allways great. TKS

let me know if the numbers are needed off my board.

A spare board shouldn't provide peace of mind, because there could be a spindle-head collision or other catastrophic incident that could still kill your data. If you don't feel like backing up your data, at least build a RAID 01/10 array. It provides full redundancy without a performance penalty. You just need to cough up the money for two more drives. Considering that you'd go the extra mile to replace the controller board, you should instead push for something more reliable.

i will be making backup's but i also want to have a spare board on hand..and i cant quite fit 4 hdd's in my allready custom shuttle....Just the board alone is what i want.

get a 160gb firewire drive instead and make the backups there. swapping controller boards is a LAST RESORT, not a plan from the get-go.

Swapping controllers can result in serious problems if there has been a sector remap because that information is stored on the controller and the replacement will not have it.

Back