Need Help!!!!!!!

digiram

[H]ard|Gawd
I've got an old(not ancient), DFI CA64-EN socket 370 mobo running a 933 mghz p3, and the only clip of ram that works with it is a 32 mb pny pc100.

I have several different clips of varied size, speed(non ddr or rdram of course), and name brand ram that just will not work with this damn mobo.

Does anyone know wtf I'm doing wrong or wtf is wrong with the board?

any comment would help

thanx

BTW, the ram that's not working with the board, works fine with my other systems.

Originally posted by digiram
I've got an old(not ancient), DFI CA64-EN socket 370 mobo running a 933 mghz p3, and the only clip of ram that works with it is a 32 mb pny pc100.

I have several different clips of varied size, speed(non ddr or rdram of course), and name brand ram that just will not work with this damn mobo.

Does anyone know wtf I'm doing wrong or wtf is wrong with the board?

any comment would help

thanx

BTW, the ram that's not working with the board, works fine with my other systems.

what do you mean by not work? will the system post? fail to boot to an O/S?

no post, doesn't even bring up a screen on the monitor. It's wierd. I put in a clip of 32mb pc100, it posts right away. The messed up thing is that the cpu is running @ 133 x 7, and it works with the pc100 ram. However, I've got a few clips of pc133 and other pc100 ram and no go.

Back