Need help!

Snooble

Gawd
Hi all,

I recently built a Core i5 system to go with the GeForce GTX 280 I had, but when I boot it up there's horizontal lines throughout the screen, from 1/2 inch to an inch long. The are all moving (jittering) and some are flashing colors.

Does this mean my GeForce is screwed?

Make sure everything is put together properly. Reseat your card and reseat the power plugs. Also, try the other DVI port. If those don't help, you can try rolling back to an earlier driver. If it's still there, you should start the RMA process.

it does the glitching in the bios as well as in Windows, so I know its not a driver issue.

I switched the dvi ports around. still the same issue. I also tried the HDMI on my home tv and it turns from horizontal to vertical chunky segments.

Sigh...

If it happens in your Bios its not a driver issue (like you said) which narrows it down to PSU problem or a physical problem with the video card. What type of PSU do you have, did you upgrade it with the system you built?

Nothing wrong with teh PSU at all, it's a solid quality PSU that's gotten alot of positive reviews (the whole line has). It is NOT that one reviewed by [H], I was worried about that before I picked it up. I talked a a few techs and the one I got that was on sale was on sale for the sole reason that it's being replaced with a inferior product...probably the pos we see in the review. I see several other [H] reviews about the Ultra line that recieves awards. It's like any manufacturer, they make solid and shitty products.

I bought another video card for my 2nd PC (not as powerful) and it works fine. Thus it's the XFX card, already got the RMA number so I guess I'll just use the ATi card I have for now until I get the replacement.

Here's mine :

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3276567&CatId=2533

Last edited:
Back