Need help with

Clear

Gawd
I just built a new SFF system, a SN41G2V2B with a 2800+ XP. Anyhow the problem I am having is with long post times, it feels like the system moving much slower than it should as you go through the post screen and the accompanying pci device listing screen. I have windows installed on the hard drive, however I just restarted the comp, and now I can't get back to windows, the computer just kind of stalls. What could the potential problems be? If I have the jumpers on the wrong places on the hard drive and optical drive, that could possibly be causing it, however the post screen lists the devices when it detects ide devices. Anyhow, I will be back in a bit, any suggestions would help. Should I flash the bios?

check the jumpers on the hard drive. that may be the problem. i dont have a SFF, but i once tried to boot a new hd with the jumper set on slave. this was plugged onto the master cable and it took FOREVER to boot up. i thought the drive was busted so you may want to go and check the jumpers. it worked after i set it correctly.

Back