Need Help with x38BT

trugbilddrachen

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 28, 2002
Messages
1,288
Machine:

X3210 Xeon B3 core
Intel X38BT MB
Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333 2 x 1gb)
PNY 8800GTS 512mb
Antec PSU 550w
and the typical other stuff..
Vista business 32

I can not get the ram to run at default no matter what I do... 1066 seems to be the only speed to run... All i get is a black screen and then I have to reset the cmos.
Would like to OC the cpu to 3.2 (8 * 400) is that possible.
HSF is not an issue - it ran my q6600 at 3.2 without any issues...

Anyone with a BT MB help... lol.. is there some trick I have not read?

I got the board and memory for 149.99 + tax... so I cant complain...

Thanks
 
Down,

I have a X3210 and 3.2 should not be a problem... I am not understanding the memory settings. Bios is 1554 or 1544.

There is a set of Ram timings 266, 333, 400
and the other is 800, 1066, 1333, 1600.

I am not familar with how to figure out to get my ram at 1066 or 1333 while having a 1600FSB (400) . Other MB's there was 1/2, 3/5 ratios. Any help would be great... I have turned off Watchdog... Thanks again.

John
 
Back
Top