[H]ard|Gawd
Hi,

I just build a new PC,

Motherboard: Asrock Z370 Taichi and Z370 Killer SLI/AC
CPU: Intel i7 8700K (delided)
Memory: GSkill trident RGB 32GB DDR4 3200 CL14
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
HDD: WD RED 3TB

The problem that i have is that sometimes i lose control on the PC, like a hickup or a temprary freeze (5 sec or so), like if its going to crash but the it comes back. I first decided to change mobo, i had another issue with the SLI killer so decided to upgrade toward the Taichi, but it has the same problem, so its not the motherboard or less likely. Temps are fine, idle around 30C and load 65C the most i seen, atm the CPU is not overclocked, and the mobos are on the latest bios.

L9yzNL.png

I tried to check with DPC Latency Checker v1.4, and while it seems high on 1k range, its the same with my laptop and another pc, although on my threadripper build it goes down to 500, i still not sure if its hardware issue or software issue or a bios setting, maybe you guys can give me suggestions into what to try.

Thanks for your time,

If you have a high DPC latency, that could be your problem.

I'd uninstall all the AsRock custom software that came with you motherboard, and the Asus software that came with your video card, and then see if your latency issues go away. You'd be amazed how poorly coded some of these applications are. And if they access hardware directly, they have a tendency to interfere with other programs.

Just uninstall everything, and download the latest Nvidia driver.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/129081/en-us

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies,

If you have a high DPC latency, that could be your problem.

I'd uninstall all the AsRock custom software that came with you motherboard, and the Asus software that came with your video card, and then see if your latency issues go away. You'd be amazed how poorly coded some of these applications are. And if they access hardware directly, they have a tendency to interfere with other programs.

Just uninstall everything, and download the latest Nvidia driver.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/129081/en-us
I never use manufactures software, i had a bad experience with Asus AI Suite 5 years ago, decided from that day to go minimalist, and thus my choices of mobos have to control fans from pure bios. Atm i have the latest drivers from AsRock webpage for each device, and latest from nvidia 390.65, also running the latest bios from asrock P1.4, also not running LED software, i disable all leds on bios, not really interested on flashy pc. I have also tested lower end memory, i had some Crucial 8gb DDR4 2133 1.2V, and still has the same issue with it. Btw i also took out another ssd i had here and did a fresh install without any drivers at all, and the behavior is the same with the dpclat (although i have my doubts now with skiddierow post).

LatencyMon

IIRC DPC Checker doesn't report properly on Win 8+
Thanks for the suggestion, ill give a shot, i personally not really too keen on this latency monitors, i just posted it to show more or less what was happening, but ill be sure to check latencymon, ill try to post if i manage to find something with it.

I tried the LatencyMon, it also displays some issues with the setup,

LatencyMon Taichi 2.PNG
LatencyMon Taichi.PNG

Killer ethernet has been reported as causing numerous problems in other forums. Including latency spikes.

Back