Need help with watch dvd's on my pc...

Paithar

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok. I am running the rig in my sig, therefore I have a Dell 2007WFP and a Nvidia 6600GT video card. I'm running at the native res of 1680x1050 and I have the monitor connected via DVI cable.

Every time I put in a dvd movie, no matter what program I use to try to view the movie I get the error that I either need to change my resolution or color depth. I am very unwiling to change my res just to watch a movie but I did try the changing the color depth and that didn't help one bit.

So my question is, how do I go about watching dvd movies on my pc? Normally I wouldn't really care too much since I don't generally watch a lot of movies on my pc but before I got the 2007WFP I used Pinnacle Studio to create a couple of home movies that I completely forgot about. Just this last weekend my wife had me going through some of our collection of cd's and dvd's and we found these movies that I created before. I couldn't remember what was on them exactly so I tried to view them on my pc but I got the same error as for regular dvd movies.

If I create home movies with my current set up will other people that don't have a hd monitor that I might send these movies to, have a problem viewing them? I actually have a list of home movies that I'm supposed to create so that we can send them to relatives.

Thanks

No I haven't tried either of those yet. I have tried Media Player 9, RealPlayer, Winamp and a few others but I get the same error every time. I think it has something to do with the monitor being HD but I'm not exactly sure on this. At any rate there must be a way of watching both Hi-Def videos as well as regular videos on this monitor.

Possible problems..

1) Make sure NetMeeting is not running. And turn off remote desktop. <-- TRY THIS FIRST
2) Update your video drivers.
3) Update DirectX.

If it doesn't work with VLC then do what is says in the above post ^^^^.

Back