Need help with Ultra 120 Extreme install!

Strykar

Limp Gawd
I bought this fan for it and I can't see to get it mounted. I only have one hole in the top right hand corner, no other way to seem to mount it, please don't tell me I bought the wrong fan. :(

There aren't any holes on the interior of the fan to connect the fan to the crappy paperclip mounts, no way around this, I take?

You could maybe ghetto rig it w/ some zip ties, at least until you can get another fan. Drill some holes yourself maybe??

it shows that it has 4 holes... have you used the paper clip mounts before? sure your doing it right? if so and your still having trouble the only option i would see is rotate the 120 90degrees and set the fan on top of it...

The nexus fans can't be used, you need a fan like a scythe or a silenx which have no screw posts so you can use the clips.

Replaced it with another 120mm fan in your case if you have a good one. Or else if you have a drill, drill your own holes.

EDIT: I see holes for NEXUS D12SL-12-BW. You must not be doing something wrong. It took me awhile to get use to understanding how the clips works and how to mount it properly.

The nexus fans can't be used, you need a fan like a scythe or a silenx which have no screw posts so you can use the clips.

ahhhh feel for the OP, you need fans with flange mounts not rib types (as nexus use :( )

Sucks, looks like i'm going to use on my V1000's exhaust fans for a HSF now :p

Back