• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need help with this iPod

RooK

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 19, 2001
Messages
1,108
ok.... stupid me, I reinstalled windows and plugged in the ipod without installing itunes first

Now it just shows up as a removable drive.... I tried getting on apple's website for any info, and nothing. I tried chatting with one of their techs and I might have well been talking to myself about 5 years ago - ie knowing nothing.

What do I need to remove from windows to get this sucker working?
 
Try this:
-With the iPod disconnected, install the latest version of iTunes.
-Connect the iPod, then Right-Click on my computer and select Properties.
-Choose the Hardware tab, and click the button for the Device Manager.
-Under the Disk Drives section, you'll see the iPod, Right-Click on the iPod and select to uninstall the device; restart your machine.
-Now download the latest version of the iPod updater and run it, follow the instructions.(You may need to disconnect the iPod and reconnect it at this point).

-If that doesn't work you can run the Updater and select the Restore option, you will loose the contents on you iPod however.
 
Ok this is messed up - I tried all of that

I can't even use the ipod updater. The program will start up but when I insert the ipod, windows reconizes it as 3 things

1 - mass storage
2 - ipod
3 - removable drive

So after it does that (if i'm lucky) ipod updater will just say "Can't mount ipod"
 
Back
Top