• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need help with swiftec mcp350

hypertek

Gawd
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
585
hey guys, just ordered a new mcp350 from newegg.. first thing i did was mod the top for 1/2 barbs, and did the solder trick to make it a mcp355... i didnt test it first.. (silly me)

so i put it in my system. I know it needs to be primed. I added water to the t-line that feeds to the pump, figured there was enough water in there to get it going, would need the system on to power the pump and just keep feeding water til it bleeds everything.. that was great for the minute i did it... thought everything was out.. than it seemed the pump wasnt pumping.. Turned off the system, the pump was warm.

I tried resitting the pump, still wouldnt start, tore the pump apart cleaned it up and tried again... nothing.. even removed the solder trick and no go.. Any idea? i cant imagine the pump dieing from runing while i was feeding it water?? had to be less then 2 minutes. Any idea? looking at the pump internals everything looks good.

I altered the top and modded the pump, I should have tested it first, so no RMA for me.
 
im posting via playstation 3 so i ran out of allowed characters in my text above..
I cant imagine the pump being soo sensitive like that? my first DC pump,

Prior pumps where via aqua 1300 and a danner mag 3 ac pump.. all for my pc gigabyte ds3r, e6400@3.6ghz with dd tgx block, 8800gt w/ swiftec block and bonneville rad

Id hate to think i just as$ed out of $60, i dont have a job right now either so i dont want to have to buy another pump asap
 
Last time I rebuilt, my MCP350 wouldn't run at all. It had been running fine in the previous configuration but then the acrylic pump top cracked and I had to rearrange everything (after cleaning up the nearly-explosive leak). Ultimately I got it running by tilting the whole PC 180º forward and back. So presumably it was some air trapped in the pump?
 
Back
Top