Need help with "Submit" button

d44ve

Limp Gawd
OK, so I am building a webpage for someone, nothing major. The client wants to have an online form so they can submit it for a quote. I have the form up and running (I just used an online form maker)

My question is this... Where does the "SUBMIT" button submit to? I click on it and it does nothing.

I can make it so that it pulls up their default browser and emails it to me. However, I do not want that. I would like to have it all done in the backround.

Any help is always appreciated.

BTW, here is the link to the page so you can see the code...

http://youngdcs.com/form.html

The form input is handed off to a script which does what you want, search for something in a database, add someone to a mailing list, add a submission to a guestbook, or most of time, email it to someone.

You're hosting provider probably includes a basic script for you to use on email forms. I would check their help section or use a service which includes the script as well as the HTML form code.

Thanks for the reply... I use godaddy to host the site. I will do some search on that.

Thanks

I think I made the right changes... but still nothing happens. I am not sure what I am doing wrong

Nevermind, I got it!! Thanks so much for the help!!

One other question though.... When I get the email it looks like this :

Untitled.jpg

The elements are the different seconds on my form... is there was to clean that up so its easier to read?

You can format it however you'd like before you email it to yourself. Just take the data from the POST and combine it into a string before sending it.

Change the name="..." attributes to be meaningful

For example..

<input id="element_10_1" name= "element_10_1" class="element text" maxlength="255" size="8" value=""/>
<label>First</label>

Input ID depends on what your script allows but in this case it alows anything it seems. The following setting name is what you want it to appear as in your email. So you'll want to change it to First Name. Since you're not feeding this information into a database you can choose if you want first and last name text boxes and etc.

Back