• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Need help with some SCSI stuff..

Veeb0rg

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 31, 2000
Messages
3,290
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=30969&item=5105685310&rd=1

i'm thinkin of this hdd or a pair of them for a colo game server i'm building

can someone pick out a low profile adapter card for it? i'm still quite new to scsi and don't wanna end up buyin crap/wrong stuff

or if u have another suggestion, i'm certainly open..

btw 64bit cards are ok.. as the mobo has 64 bit slots.. and low profile is a needbe as its in a 2u case
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't think you'd go wrong with any U320 LP card you pick (Low Profile). Adaptec has the 29320LP that is both PCI-X/64/66Mhz capable, but will work in a standard PCI-33Mhz slot. You can also check out LSI's low profile card. Both are quite capable.

Regards,

-E
 
That 64-bit slot will be helpful...would give you decent bandwidth for the card/drives, better than a 32-bit slot would.

And in addition to what Mr. E said, check out the LSI Logic LP cards. Not only are they great, but they are a much better bargain than an Adaptec card.
 
Poop said:
check out the LSI Logic LP cards. Not only are they great, but they are a much better bargain than an Adaptec card.

I agree with that... Of course I'm not biased all by the fact I work for LSI..
:D

The LSI20320 single channel adapter would be a good choice for you. Also, you can get the LSI20320-R for about the same price usually, but has the added benefit of pure hardware based RAID 0 or 1 capability. (if you want RAID at all...) The retail package version should also come with a 3 device terminated cable as well.
 
heh, I USED to work for Adaptec, but no more :( It was called "outsourced to India" for the whole development team. Go LSI :)

-E
 
UICompE02 said:
I agree with that... Of course I'm not biased all by the fact I work for LSI..
:D

The LSI20320 single channel adapter would be a good choice for you. Also, you can get the LSI20320-R for about the same price usually, but has the added benefit of pure hardware based RAID 0 or 1 capability. (if you want RAID at all...) The retail package version should also come with a 3 device terminated cable as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39969&item=5107450888&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
like that one?

yeah, i now its oem, but its 100$ cheaper then the retail card thats listed.. i can pick up a cable and terminator for less then that..

oh and bonus.. no external connector..
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Veeb0rg said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39969&item=5107450888&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
like that one?

yeah, i now its oem, but its 100$ cheaper then the retail card thats listed.. i can pick up a cable and terminator for less then that..

oh and bonus.. no external connector..


I'm not sure if the "no external connector" was a good or bad thing for you. If it's bad, then Scsi4Me.com has the same card with an VHDCI connector listed for $139 retail so you get the nice warranty and the cables.

Of course, if the "no external connector" was a good thing, then that's a great price and I politely bow out of the thread. ;)
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
its a good thing, as it means i don't have to worry about it rubbing up against the case, as its going into a 2u case.. and space is limited.
 
Back
Top